Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Angels

I couldn't believe that I had ladies fighting over these angel decorations at the Stocking Stuffer stall, and I got orders to make more!  So I thought I'd share the idea so you can make some too (although it might be a bit late for this year)!


Requirements:
Wooden 'dolly' pegs
Pipe cleaner
Paint - for body and face
Felt tip pens to draw face
Angel wings (available from craft shops)
Wire-edged ribbon
Silver cord/thin ribbon
Hot glue gun


Paint the peg body (I used a light blue) and head (I used a country cream - although the heads aren't painted in the picture above!)  Use a piece of thick cardboard to hold the peg while you paint it.


Draw a face with coloured felt-tip pens, or use a thin permanent marker
Cut a piece of wire-edged ribbon, and gather the wire on one side so that it fits around the 'waist' of the peg.  Twist it together and secure to peg with hot glue.
Glue the wings to the back of the peg, and then add a hanging loop to the back of the head.  Make a halo from sparkly pipe cleaner, thread it over the hanging loop and secure with more hot glue.


Since you've got all your equipment out, create a 'company of angels'!

No comments:

Post a Comment