Saturday 19 November 2011

Every day is a gift

Eek!  Two weeks to go until the Stocking Stuffer Street Stall at church... which seems like long enough if I could be a full-time crafter, but isn't much when I only manage to make two things every day!


I have made a commitment that my family, and the general tidiness of the house, comes first.  But it seems that the washing is piling up, and the boys naptimes are getting shorter!  I need to put my skates on, but I can't find them under the increasing number of boxes being stored in my laundry (for ease of access to craft materials)!


One of the most difficult things I have found about being a mum is the 'interrupted' day.  It's hard to concentrate on a task (like writing a blog entry!), when your two-year-old is sitting on your one-year-old and they're both screaming!


But, as I realised a few days ago, God will provide the time I need to get done the things I need to do.  Remembering to 'keep it simple', I just need to keep going and see what can be achieved in another two weeks.  There are some exciting projects in the works!


I love these words from the song "Life means so much" by Chris Rice:


Every day is a gift you've been given
Make the most of the time every minute you're living

Teach us to count the days
Teach us to make the days count
Lead us in better ways
That somehow our souls forgot
Life means so much

Every day is a bank account
And time is our currency
So nobody's rich, nobody's poor
We get 24 hours each
So how are you gonna spend
Will you invest, or squander
Try to get ahead
Or help someone who's under


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment